As a Postgraduate Diploma in Bioscience Enterprise from University of Auckland student, you’ll gain skills in the financial, marketing and legal aspects of science to prepare you for a wide range of job opportunities in science and business enterprises.
As a graduate, you could bring a competitive edge to an existing company, or be the key to a successful science start-up.
The programme also offers plenty of networking opportunities for students to meet practitioners and leaders from industry and business.
Graduates of the PGDipBioEnt can look forward to opportunities in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, reagent or device companies; the food and beverage industry; technology transfer offices in universities; Crown Research Institutes; business development, finance and investment firms; and Government agencies.
Jobs related to this programme
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Clinical research associate
- Commercial analyst
- Marketing executive
- Project manager
- Regulatory affairs associate
- Sales consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureStudents must complete 120 points from the following courses:
- 90 points: SCIENT 701-706 (the topics include accounting, finance, marketing, law, intellectual property and commercialisation, as they relate to scientists)
- 30 points from 700-level courses in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Medical Science, Medicinal Chemistry, Food Science, Pharmacology or Psychology, which may include topics such as Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology; Proteomics; or Molecular Cell Biology and Biomedicine
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 9 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in science, engineering or technology at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 6.0. Your degree must have been in one of the following areas: biological or biomedical sciences, bioinformatics, food science, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or physiology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 USD per year during 12 months.
National6861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6861 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.