The Master of Architecture - Sustainable Design from University of Auckland is a research-based programme that allows you to further develop your personal interests, choosing to specialise in either architecture or sustainable design.
Your study will be self-directed, with support from an academic supervisor from our nationally and internationally recognised staff, featuring leading practitioners, designers and scholars.
While MArch graduates often look to build a career in research and academia, you can also contribute to the industry as a designer, project manager, consultant or client liaison. Graduates have been known to utilise their creative thinking in other fields, such as film or web design.
Jobs related to this programme
- Architectural historian
- Architectural researcher/writer
- Building industry consultant
- Building technologist
- Cultural adviser
- Design-based librarian or archivist
- Digital design professional
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Possible research topics could include:
- Building envelope design
- Design practices for sustainable outcomes
- Energy efficiency in new and existing buildings
- Indoor environmental quality, including thermal and visual comfort, and indoor air quality
- Integration of renewable resources
- Sustainable building technologies and materials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Sustainable Development View 21 other Masters in Architecture in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Research 120 points
- You must have completed a four-year undergraduate degree, or at least a one-year postgraduate degree following a three-year undergraduate degree. This study must have been at a recognised university (or similar institution) and in the field of architecture or design. You will need a GPE of 5.0.
- You must also submit a research proposal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31960 USD per year during 12 months.
National5682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5682 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,917.60 – $9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.