The Advanced Clinical Practice (Adult, Child and Mental Health routes) course at the London South Bank University has been developed for both experienced qualified registered nurses and other health professionals working in primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare settings.
Our graduates are making a positive impact on patient care and service innovation in general practices, urgent care centres, ambulatory care, emergency departments, projects for refugees, asylum seekers and homeless populations, elderly care facilities, “out of hours” developments, rapid response services, intermediate care teams, prison services, acute medical and surgical teams, critical-care outreach and many specialist hospital services.
Other areas include paediatric primary, secondary and tertiary services and retrieval teams. In mental health, our students are making their mark in psychiatric liaison and services for clients with serious mental illness, giving more holistic care that takes into account their physical health existing and potential needs.
Most of our graduates have gained employment as advanced practitioners. Some have gone on to become lead nurses within social enterprises, nurse partners in general practices, representatives on commissioning boards and consultant nurses.
The programme is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course will be taken on a part-time, one-day-a-week basis. The full MSc comprises six 20 credit modules plus either the Non Medical Prescribing module (40 credits) or the alternative of a core 20 credit module and a 20 credit optional module.
- Students will normally study between 40 – 60 credits per academic year depending on their desired rate of progression with an overall MSc ACP duration of 3 or 4 years up to a maximum timeframe of 5 years.
- Further details of the modules related to the Adult, Child and Mental Health routes are provided on accessing the application link.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 1011 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be considered for entry to the course, applicants will be required to have the following:Professional
- Current professional registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) or The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- A minimum of 3 years post-registration experience on entry to the course
- Evidence of a minimum of 90 undergraduate degree level healthcare related credits
- Be employed at minimum of Band 6 or equivalent
- Employed* for a minimum of 30 hours per week in one relevant clinical environment, with access to appropriate clinical support and supervision for the development of knowledge and skills to an advanced level. *This excludes students who are working in a locum or agency basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Speak with your employer/trust regarding professional development funding that may be available to you.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.