This Postgraduate Certificate in Light Metals Reduction Technology from University of Auckland covers practical, advanced concepts – from technological to environmental – related to the light metals reduction industry, especially alumninium.
It runs near a smelter – previous locations have included Bahrain, Dubai, and the USA. Having minimal access restrictions allow opportunities for you to work hands-on and witness processes in person.
Students are generally already employed as engineers in the smelting industry, and this programme tops up your technical underpinnings with knowledge of the in-depth processes necessary for career progression. Those intending to work in process control, as opposed to operations, may be particularly interested in the PGCertLMRTech.
Jobs related to this programme
- Lead engineer
- Process control and improvement superintendent
- Process control engineer
- Technical manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Section 1 features review and fundamentals assignments (extramural)
- Section 2 focuses on onsite lectures by world experts on each area of technology. These are interspersed with tutorials, group work, assignments, tests and site visits – this allows you to practice the techniques and concepts. You must complete all four courses in order to meet the programme requirements.
- In Section 3, you will complete an extramural advanced topics assignment. This is tailored to a specific technical issue of your interest. Sections 1 and 3 are to be completed from your home in approximately six weeks, and they contribute to your final assessment. Detailed feedback will be provided.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 62 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You must have completed either:
- an undergraduate degree in engineering or
- an undergraduate degree in science in a field related to this programme, such as chemistry or physics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14320 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14320 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National10956 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10956 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Domestic: NZ$18,601.20
- International: NZ$24,311
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.