The Master of Military and Defence Studies (Advanced) from Australian National University combines the coursework of the Master of Military and Defence Studies (72 Units) with additional intensive coursework and a 24-unit research thesis.
- Master the specialised theoretical and integrated learning in strategy, military operations, command and leadership and Australian foreign and defence policy.
- Investigate, analyse, and critique complex scholarly works and, where applicable, policy documents relevant to strategy, military operations, command and leadership and Australian foreign and defence policy.
- Synthesize complex theories relating to the conduct of strategy, military operations, command and leadership and Australia foreign and defence policy.
- Generate and evaluate complex ideas to practical problems in a contemporary setting and exercise judgment in military, defence or policy contexts.
- Design, evaluate, and analyse developments in strategy, military operations, command and leadership and Australian foreign and defence policy.
- Justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies and conclusions in strategy, military operations, command and leadership and Australian foreign and defence policy.
- Design, theorise and research a rigorous and original piece of scholarship that demonstrates a mastery of theoretical knowledge and communication and technical research skills.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
- Art of War
- Australian Strategic and Defence Policy
- Leadership and Command
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMilitary Science Terrorism & Security View 7 other Masters in Military Science in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider : 00120C
- There is no direct admission to the MMilDefStAdv. Admission is by application only, on the basis of performance in identified coursework in the Master of Military and Defence Studies, and is subject to the approval by the Delegated Authority, and the supervisory capacity of the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.