The Digital Humanities and Public Culture (Advanced) program at the Australian National University gives students an understanding of how academic research is applied in broader society and are supported to develop communication skills across traditional and digital platforms aimed at both the academic and public spheres.
Students will collaborate with researchers from across the ANU, and have the opportunity to engage with the national cultural institutions, the public and government sector, and international organisations in Canberra.
- apply theoretical and methodological frameworks and research techniques critically in order to understand the key issues raised by the digital humanities and public humanities, and by the use of information technologies in the arts and social sciences more generally.
- demonstrate effective communication and independent conceptual thinking and research skills relevant to the field.
- develop a strong and critical understanding of interdisciplinary methodologies and theoretical debates and an ability to apply these in professional contexts.
- demonstrate a critical understanding of, and engagement with, the historical, political, institutional and cultural frameworks for contemporary practices in digital and public humanities in Australia and internationally.
- develop practical skills in areas such as writing and digital communication for diverse contexts, humanities computing, and information literacy.
- complete a major piece of research in the field of digital humanities and public culture
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Traditional Australian Indigenous Cultures, Societies and Environment
- Culture and Development
- The History of Archaeology: Discovering the Past
- Post-Colonial Literature
- Making History
- Approaches to History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Digital Communication View 59 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Australian National University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0, and the approval of an identified supervisor for the research project/thesis.
International46680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46680 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30680 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.