Throughout your coursework, you will get strategies for supporting students as they learn English.
- Flexible: Study on your schedule. Our online format allows you to plan your coursework around your life.
- Transferable: If you choose to continue your education, you can apply most of the credits earned in this Certificate in English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education at the American College of Education toward our M.Ed. in English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education and get your degree faster.
- Relevant Coursework: All courses center around learning skills to best support the English language learner as they learn English.
- State-Approved: The sequence of courses within the Certificate in English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education is approved to lead to an endorsement in the state of Illinois.
- Foundations of ESL and Bilingual Education
- Assessment of ESL and Bilingual Students
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English as a Second Language
- Cross-Cultural Studies for Teaching ELLs
- Linguistics for TESOL
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 1185 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum grade point average cumulative 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for full admission
- Number of courses per certificate restricted
- Transcripts that are international and/or not in English must be evaluated through an NACES-recommended agency.
- Texas applicants may only submit evaluations from agencies approved by the Texas Education Agency.
- International applicants must request the course-by-course evaluation. The evaluation report must show that the non-U.S. education is equivalent to the education/accreditation level required for the program.
International5100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5100 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
National5100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5100 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.