The Design program at the Australian National University allows students to bring together digital and material practices, in ways that broaden and deepen their skills, knowledge and design agility.
Engagement and innovation are program foundations. Students will collaborate with expert teaching staff, industry, and public audiences to gain real world experience and develop versatile design expertise.
- Develop practice-led methodologies through investigation, analysis and synthesis of complex information to plan and execute substantial design research projects
- Generate, develop and evaluate complex ideas and concepts using critical, technical and creative skills through design projects
- Critically reflect upon and evaluate theoretical, conceptual and aesthetic aspects of design
- Research, design and develop projects that offer innovative conceptual and practical propositions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- City Sites: studies in art and urbanity
- Modernism and Postmodernism in Art and Design: 1850-2000
- Theories of the Object
- Theories of the Image
- Issues in Contemporary Craft and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Film, Photography & Media Fashion Design View 76 other Masters in Design in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
- Applicants must also have a successful assessment of a portfolio of works.
International38304 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38304 AUD per year during 24 months.
National25200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.