The Asian and Pacific Studies program at the Australian National University allows you to develop in-depth knowledge by specialising in particular Asian and Pacific regions, disciplines, or thematic areas (such as politics and international affairs, history and culture, the environment, gender, or translation). In this program, you are encouraged to develop language skills that you can use in your specialised work. For those who wish to design an independent project, this degree provides an opportunity to pursue advanced research through a thesis. The Master of Asian and Pacific Studies allows you to work within one of the largest world-class concentrations of scholars focused on Asia and the Pacific. The ANU is a global leader in the teaching of Asian and Pacific languages and offers notable opportunities for in-country study. Successful completion of this degree offers an ideal pathway into a profession where deep knowledge of Asia and the Pacific, advanced research and writing skills, and high levels of independent project management are required.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- National and Transnational Histories in Asia and the Pacific
- Activism and Social Change in Asia and the Pacific
- International History from Asia and the Pacific: Framing Critical Perspectives
- Language and Power in Asia and the Pacific
- History of the State System in Southeast Asia
- Rethinking Northeast Asia: Region, Culture and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology View 14 other Masters in Anthropology in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Australian National University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS: 093286M
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International46680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46680 AUD per year during 24 months.
- All domestic undergraduate students, and some domestic postgraduate students, are Commonwealth supported.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.