The Design program at Monash University provides you with the platform to explore advanced principles in contemporary design that will enhance your design practice and provide you with the platform to be an innovative leader.
Central to this course is four core design studios that will engage you with design systems, services, processes, environments and objects. In addition to the core design studios, you will undertake studies in Design Thinking allowing you to analyse real-world challenges through design thinking strategies and approaches. Further studies will build your capabilities in design research, management and entrepreneurialism and culminating in an exegesis.
This program is ideal for people with an undergraduate degree in any discipline who are keen to enter the expanding fields of professional design engagement, or for design practitioners aiming to upgrade their expertise.
- Choosing the advanced studies in design specialition, you can construct an individual program of study from across interaction design, multimedia design and collaborative design.
- Collaborative design places you conceptually and practically at the intersection of interior, graphic and industrial design practice.
- The interaction design specialisation develops your skills in the design of contemporary artefacts, products and services that engage with interactive, user-focused technologies and processes.
- Multimedia design develops your skills in digital communication environments. This includes designing for the web; motion and animation; and interactive touchscreen devices and surfaces.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interaction design
- Multimedia design
- Collaborative design
- Advanced studies in design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Digital Communication View 36 other Masters in Digital Communication in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 089737A
Entry Level 1
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit average (60%), or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Entry Level 2
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline with at least a credit average (60%), or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Entry Level 3
- An Australian bachelor honours degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline with at least a credit average (60%), or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National35600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35600 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.