The Rare Books Digital Humanities master’s degree offered by University Bourgogne Franche-Comté aims at providing high level competence in rare and early books with a view to providing the capacity to work in the book trade or in rare book conservation and digitization, along with digital humanities expertise allowing one to supervise digitization, online accessibility, and 3D animation projects, among others.
Future career prospects
- Professional insertion with two years of postgraduate work; rare book trade; curator ship in libraries or museums (internationally); head of digitization projects in cultural institutions; consultant in rare and early books.
- Further study at the doctorate level (with numerous opportunities for double supervision in Europe and beyond) in digital humanities, English and anglophone studies, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Latin-American studies, classical studies, comparative literature, history, and art history.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bibliography: theory and pratice
- Book culture in Europe
- Knowledge and techniques
- Tools for rare books
- European civilization of book
- Theory and pratices of digital humanities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 19 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduates in classics, comparative literature, history, art history, English or modern languages, philosophy, and all persons interested in the culture of the book and writing and in applied digital technology (persons without a B.A. degree can apply for validation of professional experience).
- French language courses are offered before the beginning of the academic year.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.