Are you looking to complement your undergraduate studies with a business-focused Masters degree that will enhance your employability? Do you want to explore the latest techniques for analysing ‘big data’ in order to improve an organisation’s decision making?
This one-year Business with Business Analytics course from Northumbria University London Branch develops broad business skills while also offering a specialist pathway in business analytics.
- Develop expertise in business analysis using contemporary tools and techniques for analysing big data
- Prepare yourself for the SAS Global Certification in the Business Intelligence module
- Newcastle Business School is part of a select group of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation
- Upon completion of your programme, you will be eligible for the QA Professional Pathways programmes which will enable you to further develop your skills with one of the UK’s largest providers of IT and project management training
- Also available as MSc Business with Business Analytics with Advanced Practice
What will I study?
The course includes two modules that are focused on developing global management competencies. Topics during these modules include emotional intelligence, cultural awareness and the ability to work in diverse groups and teams, as well as project management and decision making.
The course culminates in either a Masters dissertation or, if you prefer, a consultancy project where you’ll tackle an issue faced by a real client. Throughout the course there’s a focus on self-development and employability.
Careers and further study
The graduates typically go into professional and graduate management positions and, by the end of the course, you’ll be well-equipped to follow them.
Thanks to the specialist modules – Business Intelligence, Marketing Metrics and Analysis, and the dissertation/consultancy project – you’ll have a particular edge in areas related to business analytics, including market research, digital marketing and consulting.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage
- Marketing Metrics and Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Leadership and Management Development
- Research Methods and Analytics for Business Practice
- Academic Language Skills for Post-Graduate Business Students
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation - Optional
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Consultancy Project - Optional
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Update for September 2020 intake: As a result of Covid-19 and social distancing requirements, we are intending to teach this course using a mix of on-campus and online teaching. For students unable to travel due to travel restrictions in place in their country, students will be able to start online and join us when travel to London is possible. Please check the programme website for more details.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 672 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- A first degree, equivalent to a 2.2 honours classification
- Applicants who do not have such an academic qualification but do have substantial experience of working in a business organisation and/or possess a relevant professional qualification will also be considered
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.