Health and Global Environment degree offered at University of Salford develops your critical and analytical ability in relation to global environmental issues and public health.
- Develop critical and analytical powers in relation to health-specific topics with global relevance
- Learn implementation of the theories behind health and the global environment
- Understand the role and impact of a range of stakeholders and institutions influencing global health
EmploymentThe course is designed both as a relevant vocational qualification for those seeking environmental and public health employment, and to meet the continuing professional development needs of personnel in government, industry and the voluntary sector. It seeks to develop graduates who are able to play a leading role in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of global environmental and public health policy initiatives.
- Postgraduate Scholarship Skills
- Global Determinants of Environmental Health
- Energy and Sustainability (optional)
- Occupational Health and Hydiene (optional)
- Environmental Pollution and Remediation (optional)
- Professional Practice
- Research Design and Delivery
- Infectious Disease Control
- Principles of Epidemiology and Surveillance
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Environmental Management View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Applicants should possess at least a UK lower second class honours degree (2:2) or equivalent in any subject.
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9360 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £1,560 per 30 credits
Living costs for Salford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.