The art world is a vast, complex, and rapidly changing environment where the care, display, and movement of art objects are multi-million dollar issues requiring high levels of thought and expertise.
- Students in this Art Logistics program at Sotheby's Institute of Art will explore these operational approaches toward art objects and the logistical issues related to moving art from one location to another.
- They will become familiar with the power of positive disruption through technology and the growing use of big data and digital applications in business practice. Expertise and a fully-fledged understanding of logistics can lead to careers that form the backbone of the arts industries and the operations of cultural exchange.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art Logistics graduate will have an advanced understanding of the fundamental role of operations within the art world, with a confident grasp of areas such as collections management, registrar and inventory systems, signage and labelling, and the legal and ethical issues arising from provenance and conservation considerations.
- Personal tutors aim to improve the written and oral presentational skills of their tutees, relative to art logistics contexts, and to facilitate opportunities for internship and employment within the art world.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics Liberal Arts View 1693 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Academic transcripts/mark sheets: from all undergraduate and post-secondary academic institutions attended.
- Two (2) letters of reference: References from an academic or professional contact. For those candidates with work experience, at least one reference should be professional.
- A personal statement (1,000 words maximum): Please tell us about yourself, your reasons for your choice of program, any relevant academic or art related experience, and your future career goals.
- A writing sample: A graded paper of no fewer than 1,000 words from an art history or art-related course or 1,000-word original essay or mock review written for an art publication or website. Footnotes are required for any citations.
- A curriculum vitae or résumé.
- An English language proficiency exam.
International32700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA27400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK/EU: MA total: £27,700 / PG Dip total: £22,200
- Non-UK/EU: MA total: £33,200 / PG Dip total: £26,500
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.