Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (by Distance) degree offered at Lancaster University equips teachers with up-to-date knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of language teaching contexts. The course is designed for English language teachers who have at least two years’ experience in the field.
You will be able to choose module assignments and dissertation topics that relate to your academic interests and benefit your work. We use the latest pedagogical principles in distance education and web-based learning and teaching, and you will find that we employ a wide variety of technological tools to enhance your learning experience.
Enhancing your career
The quality of Lancaster’s TESOL courses is widely recognised by employers world-wide and former students have taken up prestigious teaching positions in Ministries of Education, Curriculum Development Centres and Research Centres in countries around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Second Language Acquisition (distance)
- Trends and Issues in Language Teaching Methodology (distance)
- Curriculum Design and Teacher Development (distance)
- Second Language Classroom Research (distance)
- Classroom Language Assessment (distance)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses do not have a deadline for application, we recommend that you apply as early as possible as some courses do fill up and close applications early.
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Linguistics View 33 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in a language/linguistics-related degree or one with a number of language/linguistics-related subjects.
- You will need to have at least two years of language teaching experience, preferably in English as a Foreign/Second Language
International6765 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13530 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National4685 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.