Education and Social Justice (by Distance Learning) degree offered at Lancaster University offers an excellent grounding in research methodologies, hands-on experience of research, a deep theoretical understanding of social justice and education, and the opportunity to focus on topics of particular relevance to your own interests or professional practice. While the course is delivered online, students are welcome to participate in the department’s research activities throughout the year in person, and some of our students opt to visit their tutors.This MA is delivered by influential, research-active tutors and staff from our well-respected Educational Research Department (which has specialised in the online delivery of postgraduate, research-oriented programmes for many years). You will benefit from their range and depth of knowledge covering areas such as gender, migration and development, globalisation, social class, disability and digitally-mediated environments.As part of a dynamic group of international students, all of whom are invested in education and social justice but have unique perspectives and specific interests, you will be studying in a very inclusive and supportive learning environment that’s also interactive and sociable.
Our MA in Education and Social Justice provides a potential route to our highly successful PhD in Education and Social Justice, as well as leading to career change or progression for professional practitioners. It carries the same prestigious academic recognition as traditionally-delivered programmes.
- Key issues and theories in social justice and education
- Tutor-supported Independent Study
- Education, Evaluation and Research
- Challenging Educational Inequalities
- Policies, Ideologies and Interventions in Education
- Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 196 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in any subject.
- Please include a clear, detailed personal statement about why you wish to join the programme, why you are suitable for it, your research interests and what you hope to achieve from it. Please outline whether you have experience of online programmes, and why you think you are well suited to studying online.
International22100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,250
- International: £11,050
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.