As the only Chemical Engineering program at the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, it provides in-depth education in all chemical engineering disciplines as balance theories, transfer phenomena, (bio) chemical reactors, separation processes, and system, safety and costs engineering, combined with selected knowledge on chemistry, biochemistry and mathematics.
- This general knowledge is developed and extended by specific information and experience with applied processes and equipment in chemical, energy, biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries as well as in environmental protection technologies.
- Individual and team projects are an important part of the study program; these are oriented on process and equipment design, the solution of engineering problems occurring in the production processes as well as economy and safety analysis. The study program is fully compatible with the study programs in the world.
- A graduate of the study program is able to analyze physical and chemical phenomena; interpret the principles of processes applied in various branches of chemical, food processing, pharmaceutical and other industries; formulate and solve mathematical models of unit operations, reactors and bioreactors applying the acquired knowledge on mass, momentum and heat transfer;
- Model processes occurring in simple as well as in complex systems; design and evaluate operation of the equipment or a set of equipments in chemical and biochemical production processes; identify risks in chemical, food processing and pharmaceutical production processes and design a precaution system decreasing the risk as well as the impact of industrial accidents on the environment within the legal framework of the discipline.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Additional Admission Conditions for Engineer Study Programmes at the Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, STU in Bratislava.
- Electronic application.
- Electronic application will be available from 15 February 2020. Attachments to the applications are listed in Additional Admission Conditions for Engineer Study Programmes at the Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, STU in Bratislava.
- Medical Approval – original medical approval has to be submitted till the enrolment to study.
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.