The second degree of this study program provides advanced knowledge in the field of biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, genetics, gene engineering, biosyntheses and transformation of microorganisms, biocatalysis, enzymology and enzyme engineering, bioengineering, bioanalytical methods, as well as fermentation technology – beer, wine, alcohol and bio-ethanol production, environmental and pharmaceutical biotechnology.
An important part of the Biotechnology study program from the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava is focused on individual laboratory research practice in particular area like fermentative production of organic acids, lipids, pigments, beer, wine or bio-ethanol fermentation, bioconversion and transformation of metabolites, environmental or pharmaceutical biotechnology, production of metabolites for pharmaceutical, medical or food purposes, as well as genetic manipulations.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Acquisition of knowledge in field of mathematical and physical fundamentals of automatization and informatization.
- Study of mathematical models of machines and processes, methods of analysis and synthesis of systems of control along with management of complex automatized and informatized systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate has complex knowledge of the key disciplines of natural sciences and a technical view on the gathered skills when applied in industry or research laboratory practice.
- Graduate is able to analyze physical and chemical phenomena; interpret the principles of processes applied in various branches of food processing, pharmaceutical and other biotechnological industries; masters the methods for cultivation of microorganisms, preparation, isolation and analyse of metabolites, methods and techniques for producer genome modification, and the principles, methods and working techniques employed in various types of chemical, microbiological, biochemical, genetic, environmental, and bioanalytical laboratories, and in industry.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Additional Admission Conditions for Engineer Study Programmes at the Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, STU in Bratislava
- Electronic application
- Electronic application will be available from 15 February 2020. Attachments to the applications are listed in Additional Admission Conditions for Engineer Study Programmes at the Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, STU in Bratislava.
- Medical Approval – original medical approval has to be submitted till the enrolment to study.
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bratislava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.