The goal of the master’s program in Physics and Computational Physics (CompuPhys) from University Bourgogne Franche-Comté is to train physicists with high skill level in numerical methods, programmers specialised in numerical simulations of physical systems, and data scientists specialised in physical data issued from sensors and networks of physical devices.
Future career prospects
After the master, the students can postulate to the jobs of engineer in computational science, of programmer – physicist specialised in numerical simulations, of data scientist physicist.
They can integrate at the issue of the program a technical department of a company, an academic laboratory of a university or a public research institute. They can have also the opportunity to prepare a PhD thesis in physics in an academic laboratory.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Statistical Physics
- Algorithmics & Programming: Python, Fortran, Matlab
- Signal Processing, Statistics and Big Data
- Soft Skills : communication & deontology
- English or French
- Numerical project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The applicant students will must be holder of a Bachelor’s degree in physics, Bachelor’s degree with major in physics and minor in mathematics, computer science or chemistry, or Bachelor’s degree with major in mathematics or computer science and minor in physics.
- B2 level TOEIC (or equivalent) in English and practical knowledge of computers are needed.
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.