Drawing together topics from criminology and psychology, it supports future study and adds value to your career by providing professional development in research literacy, managing research and conceiving of new studies.
Key features of the Social and Psychological Inquiry certificate at The Open University UK
- Focuses on critical appraisal of research and constructing new questions
- Applies focus relating social and psychological research to everyday and professional contexts
- Provides the opportunity to develop a case study relevant to your work environment or interests
- Develops your communication skills to academic and non-academic audiences, offline and online.
Completing the qualification will enable students to manage social and psychological evidence. In particular students will able to independently source, select and review social and psychological research, evaluate its relevance for complex real life issue/cases, assess its validity and persuasively clearly communicate their findings to academic and non-academic audiences. The postgraduate certificate will be of direct interest to existing professionals who wish to advance their careers or those wishing a career in all areas of public policy, social justice, management, advertising and marketing. It provides professional development for all those working in professions that value research literacy, analytic and communication skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of social and psychological inquiry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 129 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must hold a UK honours degree (2:2 at least) or equivalent to study for this qualification. All teaching is in English, and your proficiency in the language needs to be adequate for postgraduate study and for contributing to online discussions by text and voice.
- If English is not your first language, we strongly recommend that you make sure you can achieve a score of at least seven in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). To assess your English Language skills in relation to your proposed studies, you can visit the IELTS website. Although experience of distance education may be an advantage, it is not essential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3410 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3410 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.