This new course is designed for graduates who wish to qualify as a social worker within a two-year time frame.
The Social Work at the Edinburgh Napier University is unique in that it has been developed alongside the MSc Physiotherapy and MSc Occupational Therapy programmes to prepare you to work effectively within the complex and rapidly evolving environment of health and social care.
The course enables you to provide leadership as a qualified social worker, ready to work in the local authority or third sector, within the areas of Children and Families, Criminal Justice and Adult Social Work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leading Innovation in Health and Social care
- Negotiating the Legal and Ethical Landscape
- Professional Preparation for Social Work Practice
- Public protection in a changing and complex global context
- Risk Uncertainty and Complex Decision Making
- Social Work Practice
- Social Work approaches to assessing compromised health and development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 255 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with honours at a minimum of 2.2 preferably in a Social Science related subject.
- Evidenced study in the area of English and Maths is also required.
- Applicants with other professional qualifications and experience may be considered on an individual basis.
- In addition to the academic qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a commitment to and knowledge of Social Work as a career via a maximum 500 word personal statement.
International15490 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15490 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6525 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £6,525
- Overseas and EU £15,490
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.