This Finance and Econometrics MSc programme is based in the School of Economics and Finance (SEF) on Queen Mary’s University of London Mile End campus.
School of Economics and Finance
- Around 1,000 master’s students from all over the world
- Teaching by research-active academics as well as visiting city professionals
- Wide range of elective modules
- Wide range of optional short modules (on programming languages, trading platforms such as Bloomberg, etc.)
- QUMMIF investment fund invests real money (currently £40,000) based on analysis from students
- Part of the CFA Institute’s Research Challenge (team of students competes against teams from other universities)
Optional pre-semester modules in maths and statistics
Four compulsory modules
One module from:
- Applied Econometrics (Micro)
- Applied Econometrics (Macro and Finance)
Three elective modules
Dissertation (10,000 words)
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Econometrics A
- Time Series Analysis
- Financial Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Econometrics View 121 other Masters in Econometrics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in any subject, provided the degree contains substantial levels of study of Mathematics and Statistics. Subjects likely to contain sufficient quantitative elements include Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics and Finance.
- Places will be allocated on a competitive basis - this means that meeting minimum entry requirement does not guarantee an offer of admission.
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.