Offered only at selected universities in Scotland at Masters Level, this Advanced Materials Engineering at the Edinburgh Napier University is information rich, but also provides a significant degree of hands-on practical work that utilises a wide range of manufacturing, testing and characterisation equipment.
The limited number of graduates in this area, combined with the knowledge, expertise and practical skills developed in this specialised field, gives you a major advantage over other engineering graduates as you seek employment within the materials-related industries.
- Design, energy engineering and renewables
- Chemical engineering
- Offshore engineering, materials testing
- Advising and assuring companies
- Regulatory authorities and automotive
- Aerospace and defence industries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ceramic and Composite Materials
- Energy Materials
- Forensic Materials Engineering
- Metallic Materials
- Plastics Materials
- Smart Materials and Surfaces
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 786 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in physical science, engineering, physics, chemistry or sports science in order to be eligible for this programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient relevant work experience within the industry.
International16875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16875 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6525 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £6,525
- Overseas and EU £16,875
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.