The MA in Heritage and Exhibition Design at the Edinburgh Napier University will develop your understanding of core aspects of heritage, exhibition, and museum design, as well as site-specific interpretive installations in Scotland’s vibrant and extensive heritage sector.
Part of the MA/MFA Design Suite, the course benefits from bringing together designers from a range of disciplines into core modules, as well as modules specific to your chosen pathway including 'Interpretation & Design' and Design for Heritage & Culture'.
All students complete the Live Project and you will study 'Thinking: Research for Creative Practice', which will help you to determine your Research Portfolio (MA) or Major Project (MFA) topics.
Graduates from this programme can pursue careers in:
- the heritage and museum sector
- exhibition design
- interpretation design
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design for Heritage and Cultural Spaces
- Design Interpretation
- Light Art and Projection
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- To ensure there is sufficient time to process your application, we encourage you to submit your application by 31st July.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts History View 528 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above in an art & design or related discipline (architecture, creative computing & engineering design)
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
- All candidates are interviewed with a portfolio of creative work or technical/business projects. Applicants from overseas can be interviewed by teleconference with an online portfolio.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16075 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16075 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8040 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.