The Sustainable Architecture, Evaluation and Design programme at the Oxford Brookes University focuses on the theory and practice of developing low carbon and sustainable buildings.
The course focuses on the theory and practice of developing low carbon and sustainable buildings. You will gain an advanced understanding of the key sustainability issues related to buildings, so you can strategically influence feasibility and design processes within the built environment.
Our strong links with industry give you:
- opportunity to learn from the latest challenges in the industry
- chances to participate in competitions to win prizes
- possible future employment opportunities.
Graduates will possess an advanced understanding of the key sustainability issues related to buildings enabling them to strategically influence feasibility and design processes within the built environment.
They will be familiar with a range of models, tools and methods with which to quantify, predict, evaluate and manage building performance, and will be able to use them and switch to other tools based on an understanding from first principles.
Drawing on a working knowledge of how to minimise energy, carbon emissions and resource consumption in buildings through the various stages of their life cycles, they will be able to take account of changing, incomplete and uncertain information related to the environment.
They will also have well developed skills in auditing, analysis, reporting and presentation and a thorough understanding of the interdisciplinary subject area.
- Building Physics
- Urban sustainability and microclimates
- Building Performance Evaluation
- Services and Systems for Net Zero Energy Buildings
- Building Simulation and Design in Context
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 277 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- hold an approved undergraduate honours degree minimum 2.2, or equivalent overseas qualification, in a relevant discipline ie architecture, engineering or physics and other subjects related to the built and natural environments.
- possess an appropriate professional background and experience in architecture, building or building servicing design
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.