The Legal Practice programme at the Oxford Brookes University structure recognises professional achievement and experience. Is designed so that you can study alongside your legal career. The course is ideal for:
- practising lawyers
- those about to enter the legal profession
This is an established course and we welcome participation from common-law lawyers across the globe. Including those working in small jurisdictions. This cosmopolitan ethos is reflected in our community of international students and staff.
This programme is aimed primarily at those who are already in legal practice, although in some cases students are permitted to begin the course alongside the start of their legal career.
As such, students are drawn from, and continue to progress in, a wide range of legal professions, including English solicitors and barristers, Pakistani advocates, Bahamian counsel and advocates, and Seychellian attorneys-at-law, as well as university lecturers in legal practice.
Some students run their own legal practice, in partnership, or are fee-earners, but we have also welcomed in-house counsel working, for instance, in international finance. As a part-time course requiring reflection on professional practice, our normal expectation is that applicants will be in full-time professional employment during the course.
- Advanced Legal Research Methods (ALRM)
- Dissertation module
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 52 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- Applicants to the programme must have a prior legal vocational qualification, such as the LPC/BPTC or their equivalent.
- The legal vocational qualification should normally have been obtained within 5 years of commencement of the LLM (Legal Practice), but currency can be maintained either through continued work in legal practice as a solicitor or barrister or through teaching on a legal professional training course.
- Students will be expected to demonstrate the ability to work independently in a self-directed way.
International4780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4780 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA3310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3310 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!