3D visualisation and animation play a role in many areas, and the popularity of these media just keeps growing. Digital animation provides the eye-catching special effects in the 21st century's favourite films and television shows; 3D design is also essential to everyday work in everything from computer games development, online virtual world development and industrial design to marketing, product design and architecture.
The 3D Design for Virtual Environments programme from Glasgow Caledonian University is practical and career-focused, oriented towards current industry needs, technology and practice. No prior knowledge of 3D design is required.
The curriculum will help you build your creative vision and technical skills as a 3D designer.
- Explore the use of video and animation in digital video, multimedia and web publishing
- Experiment with interactive media types and techniques
- Sharpen your skills in creative thinking and generating ideas
- Master digital video production and digital media integration techniques
- Gain pre-production skills like planning, storyboarding and conceptualising
- Practise production skills like 3D modelling, animation, lighting and rendering
- Develop post-production skills in video editing and integrating 2D and 2D visuals
- Work with cutting-edge computer applications and digital environments
At GCU, you'll join a friendly community of smart, talented people who love the work they do. People who love to take on a creative challenge and are just as happy to collaborate as they are to compete. People who look for ways to support the common good and make the world a more beautiful, welcoming place.
Our mission is producing graduates who have the skills to make a positive impact with their work - and the perspective to understand why it matters.
As a graduate of the 3D Design for Virtual Environments programme, you'll bring a specialised skill set and needed expertise to any design-related role. A background in 3D design is especially important for a design career in advertising, communication, publishing or online marketing. You'll be a competitive candidate for these design roles and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Media Commercialisation
- Digital Media Development
- Digital Media Publishing
- Digital Media Technology
- 3D Production for Virtual Reality
- Motion Graphics and Visual Effects
- Research Studies for Computing and Creative Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Video Games & Animation View 526 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.
- Minimum academic requirement: UK honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- RUK: £7,000
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.