The greatest challenge facing conservation biologists today is the preservation of the world’s biodiversity in the face of considerable human demands on space and resources.
By combining the disciplines of wildlife biology and conservation biology in the Wildlife Biology and Conservation - Distance Learning program from Edinburgh Napier University , experienced staff will help you develop and apply both the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to address this challenge.
Our graduates have gone on to work for government agencies and independent wildlife organisations nationally and internationally.
This is a distance learning course, offering you the flexibility to learn at your own pace and place, possibly alongside a role in the conservation industry.
This course has been designed in conjunction with employers and professional bodies.
The main focus is on the development of practical skills to equip you to work in this field.
Although it cannot replicate the experience of on-campus students, your attendance and participation on the field course, together with independent field work will help to develop your competence in these essential aspects.
Returning graduates, who share their experience of the work environment each year, have emphasised the importance of the skills gained from the course in their subsequent success.
- Wildlife ranger
- Education officer
- Conservation project officer
- Wildlife Technician
- Species licensing officer
Our network of alumni have developed careers with organisations such as:
- government agencies (e.g. Scottish Natural Heritage, Natural England, British Columbia Fish and Wildlife)
- non-governmental agencies and charities (e.g. Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Wildlife Trusts)
- private consultancies (e.g. Jacobs, Atkins, Atmos, Echoes Ecology)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humans and Wildlife
- Management of Aquatic Protected Areas
- Scientific Methods
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Field and Lab Skills
- Principles of Wildlife Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 8 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirements for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above, preferably including aspects of ecology/biology.
- We may consider unrelated degrees if you have related work experience and a strong personal statement expressing desire for studying this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2390 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2390 GBP per module during 36 months.
National1020 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 GBP per module during 36 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland-Taught modules: £1,020
- Overseas and EU-Taught Modules: £2,390 (tuition per 20 credits)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.