It is suitable for both junior and senior trainees who want to manage complex facial injuries.
- Suitable for either medics or dental practitioners who want to manage complex facial injuries
- Be taught by our distinguished multidisciplinary craniofacial trauma team
- Part-time, online course so you can study alongside your other commitments
- One-to-one webinars so you can discuss your own practice
- Optional summer school
- Study at one of the UK’s top-rated dental schools: we are joint first for research impact (REF 2014)
What you'll study
This MSc Craniofacial Trauma Reconstruction Online programme offered at Queen Mary University of London is designed to support your knowledge of oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, ophthalmology, ENT and neurosurgery. It’s particularly suitable if you’re in surgical training and want to develop true multidisciplinary skills.
We’ll provide you with up-to-date and evidence-based multidisciplinary clinical practice in all aspects of facial trauma surgery. You’ll then be able to choose an area to specialise in.
You’ll cover subjects ranging from initial presentation and assessment (including airway provision, use of DICOM data and treatment planning) to the management of craniofacial fractures, acute soft tissue injuries and secondary reconstruction, including the psychological aspects of such surgery.
We’ll help you to gain excellent research skills: you’ll learn how to assess scientific literature, conduct a clinical audit and design a simple study.
There is a week-long summer residential programme in your first year, where you’ll learn how to write a scientific paper based on your own cases, to the standard of peer-reviewed publication. There will also be opportunities for you to visit a unit for a week during the programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Initial Presentation and Assessment
- Management of the Fractured Mandible
- Management of Fractured of the Lateral Midface
- Management of Craniofacial Fractures
- Management of Acute Facial Soft Tissue Injuries
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 277 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Applicants must have a medical or dental degree (MBBS, BDS, MD) recognised by Queen Mary University of London.
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.