Effective coaching in strength and conditioning is about far more than sets and reps. It is about building a performance environment, developing relationships with athletes and with other members of the performance team. It is about leadership, management, reflection, teaching, motivating; yet few courses cover these critical components.
This strength and conditioning postgraduate course is different. Instead of focussing on what to do, we focus on how it is done, with the coach firmly in the centre. Every module has been designed after extensive consultation with coaches and based around the reality of the performance ensuring you are prepared for what the industry will throw at you.
The MSc Advanced Coaching in Strength and Conditioning course from University of South Wales aimed at people wishing to pursue a career in the coaching of strength and conditioning or anyone wishing to pursue a career as a coach in the fitness industry. It is ideal for graduates from strength and conditioning degrees or wider sport science degrees. It is also designed to cater for experienced coaches or personal trainers looking to study at Masters level.
Career options for graduates include strength and conditioning coach, personal trainer, fitness industry coach and high performance coach. Students may also progress to a sports PhD or research degree.
The MSc Advanced Coaching in Strength and Conditioning course is applying for accreditation as an ERP course with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Maximising Human Performance
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making for Human Performance
- The Modern Coach – Thriving in a Complex World
- Advanced Methods in Strength and Conditioning – A Solutions-based Approach
- Bio-medical Aspects of Human Performance
- Innovation and Technological Application in Human Performance
- Applied Strength and Conditioning Solution
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCoaching Sports Sciences View 378 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entrance to the course normally requires an Honours degree classification of at least a 2:2 in a relevant subject/or extensive coaching experience.
- Candidates will be expected to be actively coaching in the field of strength and conditioning
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time UK: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.