In clinical practice, both in primary and secondary care, kidney disease is encountered frequently by the non-kidney specialist, especially as it is as a complication of common conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Healthcare professionals on the front line need to be equipped with the skills and knowledge to deal with potential nephrology patients confidently and effectively.
The Renal Medicine (Online Delivery) programme from University of South Wales will equip you with the knowledge and skills to prevent or reduce the progression of CKD and ensure timely referral to secondary care, help you to treat dialysis and transplant patients from a primary care perspective and consolidate your knowledge to ensure best patient care and service outcomes.
In clinical practice, kidney or renal disease is encountered frequently by the non-kidney specialist, both in primary and secondary care, especially as it is as a complication of common conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Therefore healthcare professionals on the front line, including primary care and specialist units, need to be equipped with the skills and knowledge to deal with potential nephrology patients confidently and effectively. The course will provide you with this ability and knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Recognising Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Managing Acute Kidney Injury
- Managing Chronic Kidney Disease
- Systemic Conditions Impacting the Kidneys
- Dialysis and Transplant Patients in Primary Care
- Living with Kidney Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1230 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree. Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.