Mental health is becoming increasingly more challenging and multidisciplinary in practice so it’s essential to be able to deal with complex situations you may face as a healthcare professional with confidence.
The Clinical Psychiatry (Online Delivery) offered by University of South Wales will ensure you’re up to date with new classifications, treatments and assessments that integrate psychological and social sciences, and develop your understanding of how the Mental Health Act and the Capacity Acts influence delivery of services.
You will also learn plus how the field links to acute medicine, surgery, perinatal services, children’s services and primary care.
There is high prevalence of mental health symptoms that present in general practice. Mental illness accounts for a large burden of disease with approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK likely to experience a mental health problem each year. Therefore, in clinical practice it is highly likely that the first presentation and follow up of those suffering from mental health conditions will be assessed and managed in general practice, or by non-psychiatrists in primary or secondary care.
Therefore, healthcare professionals on the front line, including primary care and specialist units, need to be equipped with the skills and specialist knowledge to deal with mental health patients confidently and effectively. This course will provide you with that knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Recognition of Psychiatric Disorders in Primary Care
- Common Psychiatric Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders in Later Life
- Atypical Psychiatric Presentations
- Early Years, Learning Disability and Neuropsychiatry
- Substance Misuse and Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 313 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree.
- Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.