The MPhil Land Economy at the University of Cambridge courses offered by the Department of Land Economy share common aims:
- Enable students of a high calibre to pursue their education at an advanced applied level drawing on the primary disciplines of economics, planning and environmental policy, with additional specialisms in finance and law.
- Provide students with opportunities both to build on and develop material which they may have studied at undergraduate level as well as to broaden their knowledge base.
- Equip students with the necessary skills to pursue careers at a high level in a range of areas, including business and finance, civil service, public service, property professions, environmental agencies and organisations, national and international agencies and further study.
- Provide opportunities for education in a multidisciplinary environment so as to advance the understanding of cognate disciplines and their applications.
- Provide opportunities for learning with colleagues from different social, economic and legal systems.
- Provide students with appropriate skills and experience to enable them to use information and resources critically and to equip them with the means to undertake their own research.
- Provide an educational environment with a strong research ethos that brings together students from a wide variety of backgrounds and fosters an international approach to common problems.
ContinuingApproval of an application to continue to the PhD will depend on three criteria:
- Availability of a supervisor
- Approval by the Degree Committee of a research proposal
- Successful completion of the MPhil programme
- This is a research degree. Students must satisfactorily attend and participate in the Departmental Research Methods training modules, as prescribed by the Degree Committee.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 509 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Cambridge and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK High II.i Honours Degree.
- If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
International28893 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28893 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15582 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15582 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.