The Healthcare Data - Informatics, Innovation and Commercialization at the University of Cambridge will develop individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to understand and critically evaluate electronic healthcare data in a manner compatible with innovative commercialization opportunities
The course will:
- Provide professionally relevant teaching and learning of the knowledge and skills at the forefront the successful understanding and utilisation of electronic healthcare data.
- Develop healthcare data experts with the necessary expertise, and originality of application, to pursue and expand their roles in the rapidly evolving environment of healthcare data.
- Promote a comprehensive understanding of the practical and ethical considerations relevant to healthcare data, informatics, innovation and commercialization.
- Ensure a systems-based approach to the critical analysis and development of improvements in healthcare systems.
- Provide work-relevant learning around the current problems, best-practice, challenges and potential solutions in the use of healthcare data.
- Instil a critically reflective approach to the processes involved in the development of innovative and commercially viable opportunities arising from healthcare data.
- Create a professional network of like-minded individuals as leaders in the field of healthcare data commercialization.
- Provide students with the skills and knowledge to execute the entire process from initial curiosity driven healthcare data queries, through to data analysis and visualization, healthcare systems analysis, change management, and developing skills for data entrepreneurship, commercialization, and digital marketing in a work-relevant and practical manner.
- Research skills, governance and innovation
- Data structures, storage and queries
- Finding relationships and data visualisation
- Healthcare systems improvement
- Medical technology innovation and commercialization
- Research Dissertation,
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Informatics Digital Marketing View 48 other Masters in Health Informatics in United Kingdom
- Applicants for this course are expected to have achieved a UK 2.i honours degree or equivalent.
- It is preferred that an applicant's first degree be in a subject relevant, or related to, life sciences, medical sciences, computational or data science.
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.