The English - Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies program of the Northern Arizona University emphasizes the importance of critical reading, reflection, writing, digital media, and spoken language to cultivate knowledgeable citizens who understand and appreciate their civic, professional, and personal responsibilities in local and global communities. We specialize in preparing students for intercultural and interdisciplinary communication practices in digital and traditional work settings to further global engagement, diversity, and social participation.
Students gain advanced skills in rhetorical theory and persuasive argumentation, social media literacy, multimedia writing, and design, professional and public discourse conventions, and teaching literacy and writing through theory-based application projects.
Employment after graduation
Students completing our program find employment and career advancement opportunities in a variety of areas:
- teaching writing/composition at the high school and college level
- social media/digital content writing, content production, and marketing
- grant and science writing
- editing and technical writing
- freelance writing
- Literary Criticism And Theory
- Rhetoric, Writing And Digital Media Studies
- Rhetoric And Composition Theory
- Topics In Historical And Contemporary Rhetoric
- Topics In Narrative Studies And Creative Rhetorics
- Topics In Public And Disciplinary Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 291 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northern Arizona University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Writing Sample
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 24 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 24 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.