This Urban Strategies and Design course from Heriot-Watt University addresses the current need for interdisciplinary knowledge. It encourages the adoption of a comprehensive approach towards the delivery of socially-sustainable urban transformation, from local-specific to strategic metropolitan and regional interventions.
- Students study the wide and diverse range of social, economic, and political processes that determine the contemporary urban environment, and acquire the tools and skills to propose urban projects of diverse scales and specificities.
This course is accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute which offers excellence links with local employers through their Partnership Board.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sustainable Design and Development
- Urban Design Theory
- Strategic Spatial Vision Project
- Urban Design for Health and Wellbeing
- Latin American Cities
- Planning Law and Development
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology Urban Planning View 134 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
- Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
- We don't require an architecture or urban design qualification, but expect you to demonstrate a broad interest in issues of urban design strategy planning and its relationship to issues at local, national and global level.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.