The Applied Data Science programme at Heriot-Watt University will provide you with a unique set of skills to address data science challenges in applications ranging from signal and image processing, communications, and robotics, to finance, ecology and complex networks: a sought-after competence in both research and industry.
This is a joint MSc programme between the Schools of Mathematical and Computer Sciences and Engineering and Physical Sciences. The two Schools have a multidisciplinary staff team with strong expertise in the field.
Why study the MSc Applied Data Science?
- Data scientists, data engineers and business analysts are among the most sought-after careers in 2021, and Edinburgh specifically is intended to be the ‘Data Capital of Europe’.
- You will acquire unique interdisciplinary knowledge at the interface between the statistical foundations of data science and associated computational techniques.
- You will be exposed to specialised data science applications from signal and image processing, communications, and robotics, to finance, ecology and complex networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Models
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Bayesian Inference and Computational Methods
- Scalable Inference and Deep Learning
- Information Theory and Communications
- Mathematical Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no official deadline for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 348 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- You will need a first or upper second-class honours degree (or its overseas equivalent) that has imparted reasonable know-how in programming and mathematics.
- Suitable candidates are likely to have studied a first degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or computer science. Lesser qualifications combined with relevant work experience may also be suitable.
International20200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7552 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7552 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK/EU: £3,776
- Overseas: £10,100
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.