The MSc International Development Practice at the University of St Andrews offers an interdisciplinary approach to international development theory and practice.
Students explore key theoretical concepts in development studies and receive practical training that can be applied in international development roles.
- Targeted at students intending to follow a career in international development
- Combines exploration of key theoretical concepts in development studies with training in skills used by development practitioners.
- Provides a substantial introduction to quantitative and qualitative methods for assessing development programmes.
- Interdisciplinary approach means you can explore a range of methodological approaches.
Our fantastic global reputation makes University of St Andrews graduates highly valued by employers. The MSc International Development Practice provides the subject knowledge and general skills needed for international development related careers in government and public bodies, non-governmental organisations and charities, and the private sector.During the course, you will:
- be trained in the theoretical and practical aspects of international development work
- have the opportunity to undertake a summer research project in collaboration with an organisation involved in development work
- develop broader transferable skills in areas such as project management, team working, and communicating academic concepts to mixed audiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture and Identity
- Development and the Environment
- Environmental Economics
- Global Health Policy and Practice
- Philosophy and Methodology of Social Sciences.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development View 311 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree.
- CV or résumé (one page)
- personal statement
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International23090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23090 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11420 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.