This Energy and Economics programme at Heriot-Watt University provides a detailed overview of current energy issues, teaching you to apply core tools of economic analysis to the conversion and use of energy resource.
- You will develop a bespoke set of skills that will enable you to effectively measure and interpret the environmental and socio-economic impacts of the energy sector.
- You will also learn how to effectively analyse, appraise and design energy policy, systems and equipment from an economic perspective. You will gain highly-employable specialist knowledge that is crucial within the energy industry.
- Foundations of Energy
- Environmental and Energy Economics
- Electrical Power Systems
- High Voltage
- Sustainable Processing
- Process Intensification
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesEconomics Energy & Power Engineering View 11 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- A good Honours degree (first or second class) in Mechanical Engineering, another Engineering degree, Economics, Mathematics, or a degree in another quantitative discipline.
International17304 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17304 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK/EU: £3,888
- Overseas: £8,652
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.