The quickly developing craft industry, both in brewing and distilling, requires graduates with knowledge of modern instrumentation and this Brewing and Distilling by Distance Learning programme at Heriot-Watt University will ensure you build the skills and know-how required to perform successfully in the industry.
- The distance learning programme can be started at any time of year but runs on a six month learning cycle with materials issued in January and July.
- Two assignments are due at the end of April and October and final examinations take place during the first week of June and December.
- One course, Project and Practical Studies, involves attendance at a two-week summer school held every two years in Edinburgh.
- Raw Materials and Wort Preparation
- Fermentation Technology and Product Analysis
- Project Studies
- Distillation and Whisky Maturation
- Filtration and Packaging
- Production Management for Brewing and Distilling
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 19 other Masters in Food Sciences in United Kingdom
- For MSc entry, candidates must hold a First or Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent qualification from a British or overseas university in a science or engineering subject (for example, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering).
- For Diploma entry, candidates must hold a degree, preferably at Honours level, in an appropriate subject as defined above. Candidates who do not necessarily fulfil the above criteria may wish to apply to the Diploma programme. All such cases are given individual consideration.
International1100 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 GBP per module during 24 months.
National1100 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 GBP per module during 24 months.
- £1100 per course, £2400 dissertation
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.