With strong links to our Reservoir Evaluation and Management, Petroleum Engineering, Mature Field Management and Subsurface Energy Systems programmes, this programme is unique, offering a fully integrated understanding of the oil and gas industry, from exploration to production.
- The Applied Petroleum Geoscience programme at Heriot-Watt University has been redesigned in 2019, with a number of exciting new courses and field trips, including an integrated exploration and development field trip to the Spanish Pyrenees.
- The programme is focused on geoscience (including petrophysics, geophysics and geochemistry), but we also equip students with a working knowledge of other disciplines, including reservoir engineering and petroleum economics. Students will benefit from engagement with our industry partners and access to high-performance computers, as well as extensive in-house geoscience and engineering expertise, with many of our staff having worked previously in the oil and gas industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Formation evaluation
- Petroleum Basins
- Petroleum Systems Analysis
- Geomechanics and Flow Mechanics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no official deadline for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesGeology Mining, Oil & Gas View 67 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
- Minimum of 2:1 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a related subject area.
- For postgraduate conversion courses, non-related degrees will be considered.
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered
International29088 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29088 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13712 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13712 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.