This Industrial Design degree from University of South Australia explores the intricacies of product design, further building on your existing knowledge and skill set. You will develop the tools and techniques to investigate and analyse human centred design problems and develop techniques to manage complex design projects. You will also develop knowledge and skills in design thinking principles and practices as they are applied to industrial design projects. Emerging materials and processing technologies will be covered, as will manufacturing, technical skills and 3D design.
Job prospects in this field are looking good, with strong growth prospects in the sector1.
Careers to consider:
- industrial designer: develop concepts and designs for manufactured products, such as cars
- furniture designer: develop design concepts, experiment with different materials, liaise with clients and build sample models for either mass produced furniture prototypes or one-off exclusive pieces
- product designer: use your design skills to make existing products more effective
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Studio
- AAD Research Methods
- Nature, Culture and Sustainability
- Business Practice for Artists and Designers
- Masters Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application however the admissions process takes between one and three weeks.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 76 other Masters in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 071952G
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or Graduate Diploma from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent, in a related discipline. Applicants must also submit a portfolio of work, curriculum vitae and a written statement of intent.
- Applicants who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Design from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study, and are not required to submit a portfolio of work and statement of intent.
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.