This industry relevant Sustainable Design degree from University of South Australia equips you with sustainable design knowledge – and with a strong focus on sustainable design theory, emerging technologies and new materials you will graduate industry-ready.
As a design student at UniSA you will practice your skills in our custom-built, world-class design studios and five floors of impressive workshops that boast digital fabrication equipment such as:
- laser cutters
- CNC routers
- 3D printers
- industry-standard motion-capture and virtual reality systems
Job prospects in this field are looking good, with strong growth in employment expected in Australia.
This degree allows graduates to augment their existing qualifications and career paths to include a sustainable design perspective. This has relevance to both the government agencies and private sector industries. Graduates find work across a variety of industries and employment sectors, including:
- planning and development
- renewable industries
- design research
- design management
- Research Studio
- AAD Research Methods
- Nature, Culture and Sustainability
- Principles of Sustainable Design
- Business Practice for Artists and Designers
- Masters Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application however the admissions process takes between one and three weeks.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Environmental Management View 77 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 082768F
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or Graduate Diploma from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent, in a related discipline. Applicants must also submit a portfolio of work, curriculum vitae and a written statement of intent.
- Applicants who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Design from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study, and are not required to submit a portfolio of work and statement of intent.
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.