This Electrical Power degree from University of South Australia closely aligns learning to professional practice. You will learn the latest in advanced electrical power engineering theories. You’ll develop skills in engineering research methods and in your final year you’ll use these skills working on a minor thesis.
Our students have worked on industry-related research projects in renewable energy and its storage (such as the design and optimisation of microgrid solutions), and on issues related to the optimisation of electrical power systems (such as the protection, optimum capacity and placement of power factor compensation).
There are a wide range of career options for highly qualified engineers. You could work in renewable energy systems (wind farms and solar), in power transmission or power distribution, or in support of major consumers of electric energy within the manufacturing industry.
Careers to consider:
- energy researcher: designing, researching, improving and discovering clean energy technologies and renewable energy sources; analysing energy needs, and planning renewable, accessible, cost-effective and environmentally friendly solutions
- engineering operations manager: supervising and leading teams of engineers, scientists and technicians who work on projects; overseeing production and quality control; directing operations, testing and maintenance; planning and scheduling, client consulting, budgetary responsibilities
- renewable energy research and development: improving the capabilities of current energy technologies or developing new technological innovations; analysing problems, identifying solutions, using research methods to apply and test solutions, documenting and presenting solutions
Renewable Energy Systems
Power System Fundamentals
Research Data Analysis
Engineering Masters Industrial Experience
Renewable and Distributed Power Generation
Advanced Electrical Machines
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 284 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 079908C
- Applicants would normally have completed a Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
International36900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36900 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.