The Master's Program in Private Law from Bilkent University includes courses in classical and substantial areas of private law as well as in other fields requiring national and international perspective of specialization. Some courses are held in English and others are in Turkish.
Key facts about the Master program in Private Law
In compliance with the principles of academic freedom, the LLM in Private Law program aims to prepare its students to academic careers in major universities at home and abroad and to remedy Turkey's inadequacy in academic research. The ultimate objective of the program is to instil the classical conceptual and theoretical foundations of private law and to advance a critical approach through following international and national developments in the field.Candidates wishing to study in the LLM in Private Law program must have academic proficiency both in Turkish and English. Candidates are also expected to have started learning at least one of the Continental European languages. The Program, which includes courses connected to all fields of private law, is intended for those considering an academic career in the fields of Civil Law, Law of Obligations, Commercial Law, Civil Procedure Law and International Private Law.
- Current Issues on Immovable Property Law
- Current Issues on Consumer Law
- Current Issues on Law of Contracts
- Liability of Organs and Members in Companies
- Lis Pendens in International Civil Procedure
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 6 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in Turkey
- Applicants to the program must have a Bachelor's Degree in law.
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 24 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 24 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.