The unique TESOL degree from University of South Australia allows you to explore a range of educational issues, further develop research skills and to collaborate, network and interact with like-minded professionals. You will also learn about recent developments in theories, research, debates and practices regarding the teaching of English as an additional language.
Teachers have a passion for learning and a dedication to the social, emotional, physical and psychological development of their students. Well-developed interpersonal skills, patience, as well as impeccable organisational and communication skills, are key attributes of successful educators. Graduates of this master degree are qualified to teach English language in a variety of settings, from preschool to adult and tertiary settings.
Careers to consider may include:
- English language educator: teach English language to non-English speakers in a variety of settings
- curriculum developer: research relevant and current topics that are beneficial to student learning, and assist teachers by informing them of the most recent techniques and educational approaches
- educational leader: review current learning and, in collaboration with teaching staff, develop strategies to enhance teaching outcomes
- Theorists and Theories of Learning and Development
- Learning Communities and Cultures
- Learning English as an Additional Language
- Language and Culture in TESOL
- TESOL Approaches and Strategies
- Teaching and Language Assessment in TESOL
- International Comparative Studies in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is no closing date for submitting your application
DisciplinesTeaching English View 28 other Masters in Teaching English in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS CODE: 082450F
- Applicants must have completed a three-year Bachelor degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution.
- Applicants who have completed a four-year Bachelor degree in Education, or a four-year Bachelor degree with studies in educational methodology and curriculum (equivalent to 18 units), are eligible to enter the program with 0.5 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1.5 years of full time study or equivalent part time study.
- Applicants who have completed a four-year Bachelor degree in Education with a major (6 courses) in English language and/or linguistics and 2 years of relevant experience in an educational setting, or a four-year Bachelor degree with studies in educational methodology and curriculum (equivalent to 18 units) as well as a major in English language and/or linguistics and 2 years of teaching experience,
International31900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31900 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Students: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.