The Conference Interpreting degree from Bilkent University aims to develop the special skills needed for interpreting and to achieve mastery of the contemporary interpreting techniques. In addition, professional interpreters require a wide range of applied courses and a broad background in contemporary practices and theories.
Program Learning Outcomes
Professional interpreting studies in Turkish, English and French include: mastery in sight translation, consecutive interpreting, simultaneous interpreting, media interpreting. Theoretical and lecture courses deal with fields such as European/international organizations, technologies for interpreters, computer literacy and contemporary interpreting theories.
Students who are trained by professional conference interpreters have to complete a single final examination given at the end of the Interpreting Seminar course in the summer school period.
Students are expected to display their interpreting skills to a jury composed of professional interpreters from Turkey and professional interpreters from abroad.
- The Theory of Interpreting
- Advanced Simultaneous Interpretation
- The EU and International Institutions
- Advanced Consecutive Interpretation
- Conference Interpreting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages General Studies & Classics View 15 other Masters in Language Studies in Turkey
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 12 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 12 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.