The PgDip/PgCert/MSc Paramedicine degree at the is Liverpool John Moores University aims to advance your skills as a professional and enhance your career pathway opportunities.
We understand that paramedics need to demonstrate a range of well-developed managerial, leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills, in addition to the more specialist clinical elements which this course supports.
- Embark on the only face-to-face taught programme of its kind in North West England
- Take your place at the forefront of changes in the NHS
- Enjoy a flexible and innovative approach to postgraduate education
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
The paramedic profession is taking ownership in leading the evolving roles for paramedics, delivered with an inter-professional approach.
Members of the paramedic profession are now more actively involved in undertaking research, leading service reviews and evaluating delivery implementation, as well as evidencing the profession’s contributions to new models of care.
- Public Health and the Paramedic
- Ethical and Legal Issues within Advanced Practice
- Concepts of Advanced Paramedic Practice
- Pathophysiology Advanced Practice
- Clinical Examination
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Professional Practice in Palliative Care
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgDip: 120
- PgCert: 60
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1771 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- to be registered with the Health and Care Professions (HCPC) and if not practicing as an operational font-line paramedic within the Ambulance Service, practising as a paramedic within another area of primary care
- sufficient knowledge to embark upon and complete the programme in the required time limits
- to demonstrate that you will benefit from and contribute to the programme.
- We accept a wide range of candidates
- You will need two references, academic transcripts or their equivalent
- Any applications for recognition of prior (experiential) learning (RPEL) will be submitted to the EHC Faculty Recognition Group in line with the University’s Recognition of Prior (Experiential) Learning Policy
- Non-standard applications are welcomed. The Programme Leader will decide whether to admit a candidate on the basis of experience and will consider the support they have for practice related modules
International2700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45 GBP per credit during 36 months.
National2700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45 GBP per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.