The curriculum aims to examine issues of coping and adjustment as well as relationships with caregivers. It covers all aspects of health across the lifespan, making the course suitable if you are working with children or adults.
The primary goal of MSc Health Psychology at the Liverpool John Moores University is to contribute to the understanding of how physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual factors influence health and illness within a sociocultural framework.
If you have an interest in how psychology affects health and illness behaviour, and how it can be used to enhance wellbeing and encourage healthier lifestyles, this Masters is ideal. If you intend to, or currently work with clients with long term conditions, you will also benefit from the course.
Further your career prospects
LJMU has an excellent employability record with 96% (HESA 2017) of our postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation. Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
Health psychology graduates work in a variety of areas. Many go on to Stage 2 training and subsequently achieve Chartered Psychologist status and become HCPC Registered Health Psychologists.
- Empirical Project
- Fundamental Issues in Health Psychology
- Research Skills and Methodology for Health Psychology
- Analysis for Health Psychology
- Long-term Conditions
- Health Psychology: Context and Applications
- Psychosocial Factors and Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 735 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Stage 1 training involving the successful completion of a BPS accredited Masters programme in Health Psychology (the LJMU MSc provides this training)
- Stage 2 training involving a minimum of two years spent acquiring a range of supervised competences (the LJMU Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology is designed to provide a framework to achieve this)
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in Psychology or significant, relevant work experience
- to have satisfied the BPS conditions for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC)
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.