Explore the molecular, cellular, physiological and ecological mechanisms underlying the maintenance of health and development of disease in plants, animals and humans.
- Develop your knowledge using cutting-edge technologies, research and student-led learning methods
- Benefit from strong practical teaching and assessment methods and prepare for a career in research or health-related fields
- Learn from research-active staff who are experts in their field
- Experience the study of health and disease in a holistic biological context
- Conduct a research project covering the full ‘research arc’ from study conception to dissemination
The Biology of Health and Disease programme from the Liverpool John Moores University explores health and disease in a broad biological context, from molecular mechanisms to the eco-epidemiology of infections, or the biology of food security. This approach will equip you with knowledge of a range of disciplines while a strong practical focus on relevant techniques and real-life scenarios will provide key transferable skills for you to produce and present scientific data effectively.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Omics in Health and Disease
- Current Topics in Physiology and Metabolism
- Parasites, Pathogens and Infection
- Food Security, Nutrition and Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Please make sure you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Bioinformatics View 443 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2.2 honours degree in a relevant discipline, such as Biology, Zoology and Animal Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Genetics, or Microbiology
- equivalent professional qualifications and experience – candidates will be interviewed by members of the programme team.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.